• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows locking up (friends comp)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

My friends comp is acting up and he asked me to poist this for him since he can't sign up.

his computer randomly locks up and he cant click anything after about 10min.
Is there anything to fix this?

He doesn't know his cpu specs and service pack or anything at all.

thanks for the help guys.

these are lockups. He can't use his comptuer for a few minutes before he can't click anything. But he can still use his mouse.

I'd guess a spyware scan might help. Maybe his computer is badly infected.

Download adaware from lavasoft.com and scan for infections.

Then check the event viewer to see if you can find some clues as to what is happening to the machine went it stalls like that.

Could be a Virus for all we know..... i would do what thefly say to do, download lavasoft and spybot, and run both of the scans...

This sounds like the work of a worm. tell me, when he boots, does it take a very long time to load till he can use it? if so, BAM its a worm. I would also check event veiwer too. Event veiwer is so great...

Did this just start, or has it been happening for a while? Also, if he really needs help, what he's got is a really big help.

Back