• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboardrepair.com and Gary Headlee (3 months since processor sent out)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xwishx

Hey, I'm posting here for the first time because I'm not sure what the situation is with my processor which I sent to Gary Headlee @ motherboardrepair.com on September 24th, 2005. Since then it's been about 3 months and he hasn't replied to one of my emails. I first found out about his service back in August and first sent out a 3200+ and a 3400+ (cost me about $70). He sent them both back in under a week and the 3200+ worked flawlessly while the 3400+ still had some bent pins. Gary told me (via email) on Sept. 4th, 2005 to send the 3400+ back no charge. I decided to send it w/ a $20 check to take care of whatever expenses needed. Since then he has not replied to any of my emails and I don't know what I should do. I'm not even sure if he received the processor to begin with because he has not replied to the emails and I have misplaced the tracking number for the order.

I am aware that his wife has been very ill in the recent months and that has required much attention so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still quite worried as to why he has not even replied to one of the emails I have sent out. If anyone could leave any advice as to what to do that would be great. Thanks.

I'll see if I can contact him for you

xwishx said:
Hey, I'm posting here for the first time because I'm not sure what the situation is with my processor which I sent to Gary Headlee @ motherboardrepair.com on September 24th, 2005. Since then it's been about 3 months and he hasn't replied to one of my emails. I first found out about his service back in August and first sent out a 3200+ and a 3400+ (cost me about $70). He sent them both back in under a week and the 3200+ worked flawlessly while the 3400+ still had some bent pins. Gary told me (via email) on Sept. 4th, 2005 to send the 3400+ back no charge. I decided to send it w/ a $20 check to take care of whatever expenses needed. Since then he has not replied to any of my emails and I don't know what I should do. I'm not even sure if he received the processor to begin with because he has not replied to the emails and I have misplaced the tracking number for the order.

I am aware that his wife has been very ill in the recent months and that has required much attention so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still quite worried as to why he has not even replied to one of the emails I have sent out. If anyone could leave any advice as to what to do that would be great. Thanks.

Thank you very much. I'd appreciate it greatly just to see what the status on the situation is (if he received the package to begin with or if he's been too busy to repair it) If you need any necessary info just PM me. Thanks.

I'll look into it to see if the check was cashed. Thanks for the advice.

Man - sorry for your bad luck! I was VERY hesitant to use him a few months ago (I read all of the slams on the web), but after FINALLY reaching him on the phone, I felt fairly confident. He actually turned around my P4 in under a week!

Best luck. I recall he has been taking care of his mom or wife that was very sick or something to that effect...

SSS will get to the bottom of this! :D

:cool:

Randyman... said:
Man - sorry for your bad luck! I was VERY hesitant to use him a few months ago (I read all of the slams on the web), but after FINALLY reaching him on the phone, I felt fairly confident. He actually turned around my P4 in under a week!

Best luck. I recall he has been taking care of his mom or wife that was very sick or something to that effect...

SSS will get to the bottom of this! :D

:cool:

Same here, he had my PIV 2.53 pin repaired very quickly, once I spoke with him on the phone. It was last summer. Same story about taking care of mom. He did do a good job on the processer.

Doesn't look like the check was cashed but I'm having a lot of trouble contacting him for some reason :(

I had a pin snap clean off. The replacement was fine and I am mildly overclocking my 2.53 to 2.83. The repair quality is good. Very clean solder job. Looks like the problem is getting the work actually completed.

Can't seem to contact him by email or phone for some reason. Looks like some extremely bad luck for me.

get ahold of him yet? Looks like he updated his site recently...actually, looks like he updated his site tomorrow (feb 22)

What is it with this guy?

Some people seam to have great experiences with him and others feel scamed - at the moment it looks like I belong to the later.

After finding his web site and reading a few good comments (in retro they are all over one or two years old) I sent him 2 XEON processors with missing pins and the requested $33.85 by PayPal.
He got them over 2 weeks ago and I never got anything back or a reply to my emails.

Did some more digging and found this story on the web - 4th message from the top - Gary Headlee Motherboard Repair Service???

Does not look very good ....

I can immediately put a dispute on the PayPal payment but I am also worried about the 2 processors - not exactly worth peanuts.

Anybody knows Gary or should I also call the police?

He had some family issue some time back, and ever since he is slow to communicate and slow in doing the work if you can get ahold of him. It's sad as he used to be reliable, but I don't steer people to him anymore.

Have you had any luck calling him? I just went through my paypal transactions and as of 3/05 he listed his customer service number as 801-567-9150.
Good luck.

I called him about 30 minutes ago and he told me he was 'over his head' in work but promissed to fix and send out my processors tomorrow.
I sent him 2 XEONs - one had a pin missing and the other I only wanted tested. He told me he can fix the missing pin but can't test the processors. That is fine with me just as long as I get them back. Need to find another place to test them, that is all.
Let's see if he stands to his word and sends them back.
Thanks all for helping!

I need to have my new Athlon x2 4400 repair. While trying to install the heat sink I broke three of the pins off the processor. Is it safe to use motherboardrepair.com?

Thanks

Silversinksam said:
He had some family issue some time back, and ever since he is slow to communicate and slow in doing the work if you can get ahold of him. It's sad as he used to be reliable, but I don't steer people to him anymore.

Well hopefully that is the truth, but from what I've seen from these situations it is either they come down on hard times and resort to it or simply use the old (Family situation) as a crutch. If he can't handle the work load or has to take care of someone, time to wrap the business up or put it on hold.

Back