• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz Ice 150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NOWIS

Registered
Since the ddr motherboard that I 'm looking for hasn't come out. I thought I should give my Iwill KK266R a little more boost. I bought two sticks of the 256MB OCZ ICE 150. I know with memory you have to be lucky in getting a good stick, so if that two sticks don't do well I will still has the advantage of 512MB from my orginal 256MB Corsair PC150C2. Also, The two OCZ cost the same for one Corsairs PC150C2.
I know the limit of my motherboard is 162MHz, and my Corsair only do 154MHz CAS 2. Let's talk about the two OCZ I got. One of them I got only do 151MHz CAS2 which is far less than what I hope for and the other one is amazing, It's capable of 162MHz+ CAS2. You would think it's great but the memory bandwidth I got from Sandra is lower than my Corsair PC150C2 at 150MHz CAS 2.
I fiqure it have to do with the timing of the memory chip, the Corsairs uses 7ns chips and the OCZ uses 7.5ns. So, if anyone looking for the best performance sdram, the OCZ ain't it. One more thing CPU and Memory are not refundable unless they are defective, so now I'm stuck with one that can only do 151MHz CAS2.

Last edited:
Buying from that store is a gamble, i did and got burned. Just buy the crucial or micron ram, lots cheaper and they overclock just as well.

Back