• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hard is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

Im thinkin about cancelling my original watercooling plans but i need some questions answered first. Im worried about the time it takes, the risk, and all the other stuff that comes with watercooling. I am new to the whole thing and not really sure if i want to do it. Im not really doing it to OC. Im planning on the look and the hobbie more than anything else. Im not really looking for people to say go either way with it, watercooling or not. Im just looking for the facts about time and effort, and the real risk involved.

There is hardly any risk involved aslong as you make sure you put it all together proper and do correct leak testing before putting it in your system.

Time and effort? As much as you want to put it however if you're going to do it you're going to want to do it right so you'll spend as much time as you need to get it all working.

its as easy or as hard as you make it.

you decide you wanna put a triple rad with custom holes and all that jazz its gonna be pretty hard, but a simple setup can be made as well.

If you got a case that takes 120mm fans already your not gonna have a problem putting in a simple setup.

It takes at most 2 hrs, the whole process. risk?. Leaks almost NEVER happen. If you use clamps or zip ties on your barbs, nothing will happen.

Buying a Kit is no easier than DIY, just its all there in one box for you.

common sense> all

dont bother with bigwater . you will spend more and replace it later if you do and it will be wasted money

almost everyone i have ever seen water cool stays water cooling. some jump to phase change but they eventualy come back to WC also. once you start you just cant stop

Well i bought the swiftech kit, heard it was one of the best kits, its not the dual rad just the single one. Seems like it will be sufficient. Im not planning on doing anything hardcore. Everyone wish me luck.

swiftech makes a good kit from what i hear. I'm sure you'll love it and get hooked on the WCing (I am and I haven't even built my rig up yet...). Oh and good luck, make sure to read the stickies on here so you have a better idea on how to do everything once your kit comes in.

Back