• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed .net framework... welcome secreen at boot now

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

Ok so i installed the windows .net framework so I wouldn't get an error all the time at startup from the new ati drivers... but now even though I only have one user account on my computer the windows welcome screen comes up. How do i fix this, i want it to go straight to my desktop like it did before

go to Start, Run.

Then type in "control userpasswords2" Click the user you want logged on, and uncheck the box for "users must enter a username..." It will probably prompt for the password, just put your password in, or leave it blank if you dont have a PW. Thats it.

When you install the NET framework it installs a .NET user account. Its more or less hidden in the Welcome Menu. I deleted it from the 'User Accounts' section of the Control Panel and have had no problems. This will allow you to boot straight to your desktop.

Z

Last edited:
Anyone using .net Framework 2.0 yet? It is on the MS Update Page as an optional DL.

Any reason to upgrade from .net 1.1 SP-1?

:cool:

Back