• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
tryin to do an rma and iv been on hold for over a half hour
jeez how they've changed

I've never had specific problems like yours, but I am definitely shopping much less nowadays following some changes.

Shipping, primarily. FedEx's Express prices have skyrocketed, and Newegg still insists on sticking it to you for shipping charges. I was charged ~$5 to ship 1 stick of ram recentely. I added a second stick, and it was another $5. Thanks, NE. Plus I hate using UPS, but it's like half the cost. Ugh.

I did an RMA on a mobo, they said Suuuuure NP. :)

Here is your number............ it'll be 5 - 7 days before we credit your account back.......

:-/

I mean, really. Geeeez. Hold my $$ captive.

GL with yours.
:santa:

nikhsub1 said:
Uhh, can't you do an RMA online?

One thing I've noticed is that whenever you do RMA online you get charged:

1. Restocking Fee (15%?)
2. Shipping

And I've almost always been charged for the shipping when called, but out of few times I had to rma defective stuff I've never been charged the restocking fee untill once I've tried to do it online. I don't know why it works this way, but I will never use the Online RMA form again.

Maybe its me, but unless you are doing strictly a return you don't get charged a restocking fee. I've done a few through NE and only for an outright refund have never been charged a restocking fee.
I do agree however, that the quality of their site and service does seem to be deteriorating.

for some reason i couldnt rma online..but yea i got through after holding about a half hour and then my rma got denied because they dont honor "physical damage"! BS

did you cause the phyiscal damage or did it cause from a fault in the product?

Back