• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Kit Questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

I know kits are generally bad, but I really wanna get into water cooling. I found this Evercool Kit and thought that for 100 dollars, that didnt seem like to bad of a deal. Would this be a good entry level kit or should I not even waste my money on it?

The problem with entry kits now is that heatpipe coolers work better and cost less. My experience with kits is that they're not really going to prepare you much for a custom setup. Frankly, despite the more outrageous setups that people here have done, a WC setup is simple and straight-forward. At its simplest it really is just three hoses connecting three devices. The biggest problem is where to put the radiator, and you’re gonna have that problem with a kit as well. So I recommend saving your money and keeping your heatpipe for quiet cooling, or going all out for a high-end WC setup for overclocking.

Last edited:
Its acutally not a bad price.

I would go DIY for a complete setup.. but if one is to get a kit, that one is not bad indeed. :p

Last edited:
I have used a kit exactly like that with a differect (weaker) pump and it performed fairly well considering the parts.

It is true that you will probably get better performance with a new heatpipe cooler coupled with a highend vga cooler. I would probably save up more cash and get used parts instead that will cooler far more effectively than this kit.

I made many modifications to mine that also ended up killing my pump... but before the pump died, the cooling was exceptional.

Bryan D.

PS - these kits can be had for cheaper on eBay I might add.

Save money for like something swiftech apex watercooling kit. From the looks of that kit it would probably perform like high end heatsink for half of the price.

You should work your way up, start with water then if you want to mess around w/ extreme cooling. Extreme cooling usually isn't a permanent 24/7 solution anyways.

Back