• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech mcp-350 pump problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigredhog

Registered
SOLVED:Swiftech mcp-350 pump problems

Ive had my MCP-350 for six weeks now, very pleased with its performance except this week it started the "you got to tap me to wake me syndrome" So when I fire up my comp I have to monitor my res for water movement and usually have to open the case and tap the pump to get it running. Has anyone experienced this and found the cause of the problem. I bought it from Jab tech and they promptly responded to inform me it is now swiftechs problem since my purchase is over thirty days old. I emailed Swiftech and have yet to hear from them I do hope they will make this right. Im just curious has anyone had this prob and has swiftech stood behind their product? BTW Im running distilled water/AF mixture and no contaminants are present. I thought this problem was corrected or maybe I got a pump from an old batch. Either way it is rather aggravating to say the least.

Last edited:
I would personally contact swiftech about the problem because you should'nt have to do that to get a pump to function right?

Also, what type of coolant are you using?

Bryan d.

How hard do you have to tap it? It almost sounds like maybe the impeller is stuck or something, and needs a little push to get it moving, but I don't know a whole lot about pumps so that's mostly just a guess.

I definately recall others having similar or the same problem with thier DDC, but not in a matter of 6 weeks. IIRC, the other ppl reporting this issue had aquired some miles on the pump before it started to act up. I could be wrong tho. Let us know how it goes.

Yea Ive saw a few posts at Dangerden about those failures but not so many recently. I just run distilled water and 10% anti-freeze same formula for the last 7-8 years with no issues. We shall see what happens I guess. I do have an email in to Swiftech and have yet to hear from them. Was just curious if orhers had the same problem recently. All in all its a great quiet pump and keeps my temp at 5 above ambient at idle and 10-11 at load cooling my proc and GPU. Will keep yas posted.

I had the same issue about a year ago. 2 pumps gave me same problem within hours of setting them up. I never use them for anything more than leaktesting or benchmarking, and only distilled water running through them. I run them on dedicated 12v psus (Tripplite PR-15) while testing to ensure stable power, and same issues. I also have another 350 thats been running for 3 years problem free. go figure.

Well got an Email from Michelle @ Swiftech they are shipping me a new MCP-350 and all I need to do is send back the old one in their box with shipping pre paid. Cant beat that for customer service. :santa:

Yeppers, that problem was something with the first gen MCP-350s if memory serves me correctly. Glad to hear Swiftech took care of you. Now you have to get that puppy and mod it!! :)

Back