• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My windows is making my mouse horrible.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

postaldudeleo

In short, the mouse is too fast, I double click and that becomes four clicks. I try to highlight things and as soon as I let go, the highlight is lost as if I made a second click. :bang head

What is this problem related to and how do I fix it? It's not related to drivers because I don't have any and it started only a few days ago.

if you haven't changed anything and this just started happening, it sounds like your mouse is dying.

I installed a ton of drivers that came with a ton of sotware but don't know what affected it.

Edit: actually I figured it out, I remember this began when I ran PC Bug Doctor.
I think it may have messed something in my registry. What is there to mess up in the registry concerning my mouse?

The button switch is worn out. Look at the stuff on the overclockers site, there's an article in there on how to fix the switch for the buttons.

Back