• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer HELP!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNeonShadow

Registered
I have a wireless network running in my house with 3 computers. One of the computers has recently crashed with a "Unmountable_boot_Volume" error.
In short... what do i do..

Yeah... i would know to do that, but the problem is it barely allows me to get to the set-up screen by hitting f2, i cant even get to teh windows log in screen where theres the little loady thing... i tried opening in safe mode with f8, but when i do it just goes back to the error window with the stop error message.

Yeah... i would know to do that, but the problem is it barely allows me to get to the set-up screen by hitting f2,
What setup screen are you referring to, that you would need to hit F2 to access? As the article I linked you to mentions, the Recovery Console is accessed by booting to the XP or W2K CD (again, assuming you're running XP or W2K).
To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type the appropriate commands to diagnose and repair your Windows XP installation. For a list of commands that are available in Recovery Console, type recovery console commands or help at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. For information about a specific command, type help commandname at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

I tried that... it doesn't allow any type of booting what so ever. it won't go anywhere... i tried loading from the cd, by changing the first boot location to the cd drive, but it didn't get any further than normal, it just goes to the blue stop error screen.

some of the connectors between the cd drives and mother board got warped so i replaced them.. i'm not sure how they got warped, or what that means, but my friend told he thats what it was, and it works now.

Back