• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded my setup [Pics]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brint

Classic Senior Dude
Hallo my fellow overclockers. Well I have done it again, I have updated my watercooling setup. I have added a new Aquacomputer Twinplex Chipset copper block and a new waterblock for my new Geforce 6800GT.
The setup works great, temps are good and overclocking is going very well.
I have not yet tried to push my chipset beyond 250MHz, but the temps has drooped from 36c to 27c. My CPU temps are the same as before, it idles at around 51c and under load it hits 60,5c. My Geforce however has drooped ALOT in temperature. With the stock cooler it hit around 70c under load, now it never goes above 56c, even when it is overclocked. I have been able to push the card to 440/1150MHz. I think it can go 450 but that will have to wait for another day.
I have take some pictures of the system, but they are shared via my own ftp server and my upload is only 1024kbit. So if anyone knows a good image host then please let me know :)

Here are the pics.

Stock GFX cooler

Stock GFX cooler

Geforce 6800GT without heatsink

GPU

Geforce 6800GT with Aquacomputer coolerhead

The Computer

The Computer

The Computer

Radiator [old pic]

Res [old pic]

So...What do you think?
I know it is not the cleanest setup, but it works wonders.

Last edited:
There have been people how has connected to the server and downloaded the files.
Try again.

Links work for me. Not the neatest but with 5x ide hdd would take some work. Ribbon style cables, carefully folded, might help. Interesting looking res. Thanks for sharing, definitely unique.

yea there workin now ;) i have the 6600 version of that cooler does it perform well as ive not set it up yet :)

Xoligy said:
yea there workin now ;) i have the 6600 version of that cooler does it perform well as ive not set it up yet :)

Like I said. My temps dropped from around 70c to 56c. I have been able to overclock the card from stock 350/1000 to 440/1150. So the cooler is doing something to the card :D
There is a blue led on the side which is illuminating the aquamark logo, looks cool. Good luck with yours.

That is a really nice looking setup up you got there.

I would personally move the pump at least the same level as the res output or lower though. I always like to have gravity help in feeding the inlet of the pump.

Awesome setup,
Bryan D.

PS - have you experienced any corrosion with your mixed metal setup?

ahh cool i just clicked the pics :rolleyes: i forgot to read doh! i'll get mine sorted out in januard/febuary thanks again mate and nice ;)

Replace that elbow with a copper one, if you absolutely must have it. If not, plan on checking your coolant just as you would a car, to be sure there's adequate corrosion protection remaining, and check it often. There is a ton of info in this forum about mixed metal setups.

Yes, this is definitely a unique setup. HUGE rad you have there. Why so big? There's gotta be an interesting story on that. Please share!

Last edited:
MoreGooder said:
Replace that elbow with a copper one, if you absolutely must have it. If not, plan on checking your coolant just as you would a car, to be sure there's adequate corrosion protection remaining, and check it often. There is a ton of info in this forum about mixed metal setups.

Yes, this is definitely a unique setup. HUGE rad you have there. Why so big? There's gotta be an interesting story on that. Please share!

I have a 3% mix of demi water and coolerfluid [ethylenglycol], which also works as an anticorrosion aid. So I dont fear that the GFX cooler will mess up my system.

If you have mixed metals and by 3% you are suggesting 97% water and 3% additives, that could be a dangerous combination. It seems like 25% additive is the going recommendation around here for mixed metal loops.

Just a thought.

citronym said:
If you have mixed metals and by 3% you are suggesting 97% water and 3% additives, that could be a dangerous combination. It seems like 25% additive is the going recommendation around here for mixed metal loops.

Just a thought.

Well, I could take some of the water out of the tank and replace it with some more coolerfluid. No biggi. Thanks for the tip.

Back