• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supporting stores or web buys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
Hey gang! As the topic states, What would you do? For I.R Derek I want to support the store of my choice instead of web whole salers. Yeah I know that you could find it cheeper but will it have a warrenty? or would it be defectived and cannot return it?

Ok discuss

DerekDRP said:
Hey gang! As the topic states, What would you do? For I.R Derek I want to support the store of my choice instead of web whole salers. Yeah I know that you could find it cheeper but will it have a warrenty? or would it be defectived and cannot return it?

Ok discuss

if things are defective, you can RMA them. I go with the cheapest possible. I dont care about money hungry stores like "Worst" Buy. Newegg.com and Zipzoomfly.com are my stores of choice.

I go with Microcenter retail store when I'm here back east, online the rest of the year (there are really no comp stores in the Santa Fe area that have what I'm looking for; Best Buy is pretty much the only b&m game there).

I always go with online stores, mainly because there are only a couple of little computer shops around here that charge $200 for a $40 motherboard..lol. Usually I shop at newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com but recently mostly zipzoomfly.com because the egg has recently gotten into a habbit of overcharging on shipping.

Here in WV we're a little unique in the fact not many stores have the know-how, expertise or inventory to handle some of our needs. Newegg is usually the best way to go, yeah I save on sales tax but the selection, speed and RMA process they have has made me their customer for life. Zipzoom is also a choice of mine if I think I can get it faster...we have Best Buy and Circuit City, but I hardly go there for anything..

I go local for big box items... Like a case I got local for about 170 would of cost me about 210-220 online after shipping.

But I do tend to check prices before buying so I find myself balanced out when it comes to getting boxes in the mail vs bringing em home that day. Somethings are more expensive online or similar costs a few bucks isn't enough to make me wait for a week to get my new toy.

what if its like for say Keyboard ( not the kind you type on but the kind you play ) or a guitar of sorts? that you have to buy at the store or at elast play one first.

that kind of stuff I'd go for a local store....unless you know specifically what you are looking for, the local stores hired employees for that reason to help, show and support in case you have any troubles later on. Unless there is a HUGE price difference, I'd stick with local stores on that one.

I was doing the same thing for car seats, went to local stores here in WV to check them out, physically look at them prior to purchasing. Spent $30 more than what I would have online, but glad they were there to help me out for something as crucial as a car seat..

Aidenswarrior said:
if things are defective, you can RMA them. I go with the cheapest possible. I dont care about money hungry stores like "Worst" Buy. Newegg.com and Zipzoomfly.com are my stores of choice.

****The Truth Can Be Found In THIS Post :)****

Back