• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2000 w/ 2 HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Thrilla-

I got windows 2000 pro sp4 working on my WD800 HDD. I wanted to use a file from my other HDD, 80 gig, seagate. So I set the WD800 to master, seagate to slave, boot it up fine.
Then it got stuck at the windows 2000 loading page, that blue load bar was full for an hour without booting into windows... grrr...
The BIOS reads it fine, what do I do....

Btw I hope knoppix linux can let me access NTFS, I can just copy it :p but still need help on win 2k4 sp4 no boot w/ 2 HDDs

Did you physically change the jumper on the drive to slave? Or is this not necessary?

It was set to Master/Slave.
That WD800 with windows 2000 is master, the seagate is slave.
I'm very sure the jumpers were set up right, I booted with 2 drive configuration before, but windows 2000 is acting up lately, it even killed my ATi Catylist :(

Insert your W2K CD, and boot to the Recovery Console. Type the following commands (hitting ENTER after each)...

Attrib -H -R -S C:\boot.ini
Del C:\boot.ini
BootCfg /Rebuild
Fixboot
Fixmbr
Exit

Last edited:
Back