• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Separate enclosure for Rads/pump/fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

hi there

i want to remove all my fans and rads and pumps to a separate small enclosure and then have this maybe in a separate room and in teh main case maybe have just one tiny fan blowing a small amount of air through for teh mosfets and the fanless PSU but othrwise everything else is watercooled and has a block

trouble is i'd like to find a suitable enclosure. Ive tried looking at smaller PC cases but can't really find anything suitable. It could be a wood enclosude which would help noise but whatever it is it would need quite a large opening as i have a double sized black ice extreme and a single black ice so total rad area would be equivalent to x2 120mm fans. Would also need space inside for 2 pumps and a reservior.

Ideally it would look nice,... like a modded small Lian-Li case but I cant really find anything suitable on their website.

anyone got any ideas .... or anyone done this and used some sort of enclosure ?

cheers

Rich

ok thanks

voigts, thats a great solution but i cant source one of them in the UK

any ideas what sort of pump I would need if im running say 2 metres of tubing between PC and teh enclosure ? I was thinking about the Laing D5

If you dont use a super restrictive block I dont see why you need a beast of a pump for only a few feet extra tubing.

heres what i did when i knew i couldnt fit my rad in my case, its made from wood and painted, the case is secured to the lower part just put some screws throught the case into the wood, i dont use that case anymore but i might go back to it
101_1557.JPG

101_1558.JPG

My current case, if ya wanted to see it
IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I have seen a few people use plastic totes. You could use foam sheets to insulate it for noise. Also any old PC case will work. Before I bought my monster tower I was going to use one of the many micro AT cases I have......

I didn't pay attention to the UK part. I would just make one out of good old fashioned wood. You can always cut notches out in the frame to accomodate acrylic side panels if you want to. This would be a lot easier to me than trying to hack up some small computer case and make it work.

ive found a small lian li micro atx case which will fit the bill perfectly and will also sit in well with my other 2 lain li's

Another suggetion. See my old, old thread for my build. Still using this exact setup today. Easy to do, especially if you skip the black paint job that consumed way too much of my time. It's just two identical cases, one split in half and riveted on top of the "main" one. All WC components are contained it the upper half. It's quiet too, thanks to low rpm 120mm fans.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=279858

that looks good ! shame the pics arent a bit clearer

ive bought this lian li off of ebay now for 20 quid so should be fine. will have to borrow a dremel or something though.

Back