• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 BIX's= 1 BIX2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'd probably be better off with one BIXII. You'd have less tubing and such having it all in one package versus broken into two units.

You could always try to sell the BIX and pay the difference. You should be able to get at least $25-30 for the BIX. I think the BIXII is about $55. So, you would have roughly half the money for the upgrade. It's a little more hassle, but it may be cheaper and better performance wise.

I would have to suggest trying to use 1 rad, 2 rads could possibly hurt your flow. How much of an impact it would have would be arguable, though. Like previously suggested, you might try and sell the BIX and work towards a II. You could also try using the I and see what kind of temps you get, but that could inhibit your expandability in the futue. Let us know what you decide.

How is your case layed out? It can be tricky fitting a BIX2 in a smaller case, while 2x BIX's can be placed where ever you have room.

The only difference is a slight reduction in flow when using 2 BIX. If you are using an A/C pump such as an Iwaki or Blue line (MD20RZ and up), then there will be no difference.

With a High End DC pump, (MCP655 or equivalent), difference will also be small (fractions of a degree C).

I say sell the BIX and upgrade to a larger rad. It will be easier to set up a system using one rad than a system using 2 and you won't have any performance loss. Besides it should be cheaper to sell and then upgrade. Unless, money is not an option or you are trying to build a collection of hardware.

Back