• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd adware I got

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoSpawn

This morning I turn on my computer and its booting up like normal, but when it comes to the windows graphics, it gets to be very slow. There are also pink pixals all over that appear and all over the screen. Being very worried, I was afraid that my graphics card might be having an issue.

But I stayed clam and rebooted going into safe mode with networking. I saw that it booted up well and without any graphical problems. So I updated Spybot, Ad-aware and Norton and ran them all. Norton picked up 2 small time viruses, Spybot picked up malicious cookies, but Ad-aware picked up cookies and one other thing:

H@TKEYSH@@K
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
obj[7]=File : C:\System Volume Information\_restore{759499F0-0613-4D9E-A548-10A145A51959}\RP105\A0034271.DLL

This was the thing was making me think my graphics card was about do die. So just a heads up to anyone who might have a similar problem, an adware that messes up your graphics badly.

NeoSpawn

Back