• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on ST Block/Copper Tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RDWest2005

Hi guys,
I have noticed the Swiftech MCW6000-775 Block have copper tubes sticking up from it for tubing.

I'm wondering.
With tygon tubing and feul line worm clamps - has anyone ever had leaks from copper tubes without the barbs?

Reason i'm asking is i'm thinking of using 1/2" copper plumbing tubes
and sorder some custom elbows and Ts etc and have a custom looking system
with tygon blue uv tubing

Then spray paint the elbows etc

but how good will the worm clamps seal on tubes with no barbs?
I wonder cuz my D5 is like 319 gph and says it produces like 50psi
but i sorda leave my top fill cap cracked so no presure will build up

tx

~RD

RDWest2005 said:
has anyone ever had leaks from copper tubes without the barbs?

cuz my D5 is like 319 gph and says it produces like 50psi
Sure ppl have had leaks with copper tubes W/O barbs, but it wasn't because there were no barbs, it was because of bad clamping. Use metal worm clamps and you'll be fine.

Where did you get 50psi? 50psi is about 115 ft. of head. DD's graphs show a max head of about 12 ft., about 5psi!

Forget the copper fittings, the smooth curves of flexible tubing are less restictive. One ell equals about 1ft. of tubing. If you MUST hard pipe use PVC or CPVC fittings one size larger than your tubing for best (easiest and least restrictive) results.

Last edited:
I have been using zip ties and copper wire to secure my tubing to the copper on my swiftech block without any problems. I could be wrong, but in a closed loop, does pressure matter, I thought it was a problem if you blocked the tubing.

Back