• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMAing/Warranty Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slondeau

Registered
Ok, I have a couple generic questions in regards to RMAing a mobo or sending it in for Warranty work, whatever. I purchased a Gigabyte K8N-Pro, in February of 2004. It just recently died, in the last couple weeks. The store I purchased it from (I bought it in a barebones kit basically, from a store called avadirect.com. I had a good experience with them, no problems at all) I called them just to question how long the warranty was for, and they said 1 year only for parts. Well, while browsing zip zoom fly today, I noticed that all the Gigabyte mobos say 3 year warranty.

Here is my question: What warranty info to I go by? Is the warranty provided only thru the retailer or is it the manufacturer?? I always thought it was the manufacturer. I have a call into Gigabyte's customer service line, but had to leave a voicemail. :(

I'd rather save the $50+ and RMA it until I build a new PC this tax return season... but I was prepared to buy a new mobo. If I can just RMA this one though, it'd be much better as I have things I could use that $50+ for anyway!! Thanks in advance for any help!!

good luck gigabytes RMA is a joke.

I had to rma the same board 3 times and it still didnt work, i finally called them and asked if they would give me some money, cuz I didnt trust their retarded RMA department.
When I go the board back the 3rd time sparks shot out of oneof the chips on the board when I fired it up, this si after waiting 6 weeks for 2 RMA's I called them i was LIVID :mad:

They said they need me to walk thru the installation process, I told then to stick it, they wouldnt send me a NEW BOARD they were always refurbs, wouldnt upgrade me to an NF4, I told the dumbass I was gonna eat the $100 i spent on the board and would forever try my hardest to turn people away from that joke of a company.

I kinda figured. Well, I have a call into them, so hopefully they return my call like they say. If not, I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

You can fill out the RMA info on there website, just don't expect a fast turn around on the repair. I RMA'd a board a while ago with them and it took over 6 weeks for them to return the RMA. I hate them very bad.

Ouch. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy a new one. Send this one back too, just for the hell of it and have an extra one around in case the new one dies. I don't t hink I'll be buying another Gigabyte though. I bought a new PS from Circuit City and it was like $70!! It turns out I don't need it, mine was fine it was the board that was bad, so I'm going to take that ***** back and use that money for a new Mobo. Has to be s754 as that's the processor I have right now and can't afford to upgrade both for another couple of months, when I get my fantasy football winnings and my tax returns, I think I'm going to go s939, 3700, and PCI-E with a new card. :D

Back