• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sliptreaming xp sp2 w/ nlite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

I have tried slipstreaming my copy of xp, with an sp2 cd, so that I can use sfc.exe when needed. It keeps failing, giving me an error about needing to be in the same language or directory, or something. What am I doing wrong?

Yeah I had, I am installing xp for my friends mom's christmas gift, so I will try installing it on there. nlite itself won't even install without the framework, and I have succesfully slipstreamed 2k sp4.

Have you tried downloading the SP2 excecutable from the MS website? I think that's what nLite is expecting when it goes to integrate SP2 into your WinXP folder. I've used it several times without any problems. I've never heard of someone trying to use an SP2 CD for this purpose.

Add hotfixes to that XP CD

you can download the latest hotfixes that have been added since SP2 was introduced and add them also to your XP SP2 CD. they are all in 1 zip file that nlite will intergrate into the slipstreams CD you can find it here. www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ just add it in along with the SP2 package you don't have to unzip it use as is.

Back