• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Hijackthis help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

Hey guys. Just tweaking my system. could someone who knows alot about hijack this and the various things you can check help me out here.

Here is the log file:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:17:30 AM, on 20/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
F:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
F:\PROGRA~1\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAVPersonal50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kav.exe" /minimize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1135096211843
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1135096206140
O23 - Service: kavsvc - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal\kavsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PDEngine - Raxco Software, Inc. - F:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDEngine.exe
O23 - Service: PDScheduler (PDSched) - Raxco Software, Inc. - F:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

as far as i know PDEngine.exe is my defragging software. But if i disable it it will not longer be useable. Found that out from past experience.

Which should i disable?

EDIT: one more thing. TrueVector is part of Zonealarm, my firewall

C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\HijackThis.exe

Get rid of that one. j/k

That list looks great. From having seen quite a few other hijackthis lists, yours is very clean.

I suppose you could get rid of these

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Change the startup type on these to manual in Services.msc

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PDEngine - Raxco Software, Inc. - F:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDEngine.exe
O23 - Service: PDScheduler (PDSched) - Raxco Software, Inc. - F:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe

You don't have any real cause for concern. I mentioned these because they aren't really needed.

Know Nuttin said:
I suppose you could get rid of these

Change the startup type on these to manual in Services.msc

You don't have any real cause for concern. I mentioned these because they aren't really needed.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF THE FIRST 2, IT WILL TOTALLY SCREW OVER YOUR VIDEO CARD SETTINGS!!!

You never want to get rid of anything nvidia on hijack this, cause one mistake will make you redo all your settings and or reinstall drivers.

it also looks like you have perfect disk installed, you dont need to worry bout that, just unsched your weekly or whatever deals and it wont show up again.

why? i removed it but i didn't take out the service and it seems to be working fine.

Also. the mixer tray is just my audio.

EDIT:

Just checked googled up the NvCPLDaemon and apparently i don't need it and had disabled it in the past through msconfig. Its just that tray icon allows me to set stuff.

"System Tray icon used to change display settings, change the clock rate and memory speed for nVidia based graphics cards. This is unnecessary since you can easily configure these settings the way you want them in the Display Properties and not have to mess"

Back