• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NCIX... First Strike... Second Strike...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

I placed my order paid by paypal right... Of course paypal takes a week to process payment what else is new...

I placed an order for Mushkin XP2-6400 2GB Kit 5-3-3-8

Of course what do they do... they don't hold the item after I place my order and have payment incoming as verified by paypal. No they sell out of course there is a shortage so they just tell me pick another set of ram. The only set that comes close is some overpriced OCZ Platinum at 5-5-5-12, its 200 bucks more than the Mushkin... :shrug:

So yeah... Don't order from NCIX if you want an item to be held for you at all. I was even in communication with them the whole time ironing out some bugs with my order and they said it would be shipped out as soon as paypal confirmed...

So now I have to sit on my hands while their payment department gets around to finalizing my payment and then I have to wait for the refund. :bang head

No computer for me this christmas... So frustrated... They did this to me on the Opteron now this... :bang head

Ah well... I was lucky to end up with one of the few half decent salesmen there that actually replies to your inquiries.

Yeah and I have no clue where to find high performance DDR2 up north of the border.

So yeah I'm mad... :temper:

Where I work, we set aside orders so that the items can't be sold out of them. Why can't NCIX manage something simple like that? It would increase their response time and increase their shipping speed. The rate of stock return would easily be outweighed by customer satisfaction going up.

Last edited:
I don't know if you paid with an Paypal e-check or it was an unconfirmed address issue, as you were not specific as there are three ways to pay by Paypal, by echeck, by instant fund transfer and by Paypal debit card.
Virtually all vendors and most people in fact will not ship to a Paypal unverified address if that was the case, or until the funds are sent (AND CLEARED) what makes you think they or any other vendor would hold an item for you when you haven't actually paid them, the price and stock fluctuates and as you stated it took a week for the funds to get to them, yet you blame them, how do they know you had the money in your paypal account. You expect them to wait a week to get paid. LOL

If you want the item, next time pay with a Paypal mastercard debit card or any credit card.

Gah err... Problem was they had the item monday... Paypal cleared on monday. Today they didn't have the item.

Thats why I am so choked. But you make a good point... Oh well... Learnt my lesson... Don't use credit cards either :D

Back