• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's in my registry??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

I was searching through my registry to get rid of anything AOL that I had. I happened upon "Domains" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" which listed a bunch of .com's alphabetically. All of which I never heard of. What are they doing there? I know I've never been to these sites. Should I delete all under "domains" in registry? Thanks.

Do you happen to have SpywareBlaster or any other anti-spyware software installed? The "Domains" Key you're referring to should be...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Internet Settings | ZoneMap | Domains

... and all of the "Domains" sub-keys should match the Restricted Web sites list in IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Security" tab | Restricted Sites | "Sites" button | Web sites. All the DWORD values under each sub-key that have a value of 4 (0x00000004) will be listed in the Restricted sites zone.

These sites are those that SpywareBlaster feels could potentially cause damage to your system, in one way or another... which is why they're added to the "Restricted" sites list.

Last edited:
Back