• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much will DDR take?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GE

Registered
I have 512 megs of crucial technology PC2100 RAM. My bus speed has been clocked up to 300Mhz. Has anyone else got this kind of speed on their RAM, or have I taken it too far? Stability seems ok, but I'm not up for cooking my RAM or anything,

cheers!

I never try, or can't anyway and are your sure that's your Mem speed, cuz the ram setting might be at "by speed" instead of "host clock"?

IT'S DDR so 300 = 150 really. it is the actual RAM speed, not the H/W

I've had mine upto 153 and a friend has his at 160. I believe Chawken has his at 170+.

As long as you watch how much voltage you put though it you should be ok.

exactly what do you mean by watch the voltage?

My ram is running at 332mhz, (166fsb) with no problem. I have a larger heatsink on my northbridge, and my ram voltage is +.2v

if i stick my mem to 3.3v to get 183fsb (some guy has wif same mboard & cooling just the thermaltake heatsinks! no fans!. ) will this be ok will thermaltake mem cooling and a few fans? do i need a bigger heatsink and fan on the northbridge? i dont really want to mod me new board.

Back