• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone here help me with PSpice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intrepid

I'm not sure how many people here even know what it is, but I'd bet there are some who do, given the topic of this forum. PSpice is an electronic circuit simulator, it helps you design and test stuff before prorotyping physicaly.

What I need help with is applying a stimulus, a waveform, and getting the result back as a waveform, to see how they compare, how close to the original I get, and what kind of distortion or other effects the circuit will have on the waveform. I could better describe it if I knew that the people reading this would know what the **** I'm talking about.

Would applying an AC current as your input work as your signal wave? Its fairly simple but its the first and easiest thing that comes to mind. That way you can set the amplitude and frequency and see how your citcuit effects those parameters among many others.

I've tried that, the problem is, that the program automaticaly measures Voltage as AC, so all I get is a constant AC voltage readout, instead of the time varying DC waveform I want. I am building an amplifier circuit so I want to be able to give it some waveform, and see the actual waveform output, not just a sinosoidal steady state Vac reading. I have tried putting an AC source in and using that for a DC sweep, but all I get is just a straight line, so I'm guessing the program is automaticaly measuring voltage as AC voltage due to the presence of an AC source in the sweep.

I think using the stimulus might work, I know how to create a stimulus in the stimulus editor, but no idea how to use it, apply it to a circuit, or use it in measuring the output of my circuit.

I was mistaken the part is actually a "VSIN" (Found in the Source Library) as that allows you to change the frequency, amplitude and offset.

I just reinstalled Pspice so i am going to mess around with it for a bit and see what i can find out.

got it, I had to use the part VSTIM, which uses a stimulus from the stimulus editor, and when i do my analysis, I had to use the transient anylisis which measures voltage/current over time on the given markers, so I just set my time right so I could see th waveform and it worked. There are still some annoying things about pspice, like the OPAMPS, they dont let you have input wires for V+ and V-, and if you try to put the opamp into saturation, it gives an error during the analysis and only gives a microsecond of data.

Back