• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I make my laptop look for a driver again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iqwertyi

I connected my phone via usb, then the add new hardware popup came up. I hit cancel by mistake, now I cannot (or don't know) how to install the drivers.

I've rebooted, turned the phone on/off and nothing. I get a unknown usb device box that comes up when I plug my phone.
I have the drivers, just don't know how to make MS ask for them.

Any help?
Thanks

But I don't see the device there.
It's a motorola V3 connected via usb

My friend's shows it as a modem connected to comm5 while connected to USB.

Last edited:
Nothing. No "?" or anything.

The only time the device is slightly detected is when I plug in the usb and it makes a sound and for a split second, the usb icon pops out (next to the time) and when I click on that it tells me "Unknown usb device" with no options to install drivers or anything.

I doesn't find it.

It asks if it's already connected (which it is) and doesn't find it.

Check the system tray's safely remove hardware icon. left-click the icon and see if your phone appears on the list. If so, select to safely remove it, unplug the phone and plug it in again. The driver wizard should appear.

or.. you can update the driver..

in device manager right click then update driver.

Cellphone drivers are tricky...from my experience, it depends on what program you are using to access the phone. If you still need help, PM me and I'll do my best to help you out.

Back