• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paypal.com dispute resolutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

This place is pitiful. I sold a processor to some dude, which I know was working because I made my ebay listing with that processor... I specifically say in my listing no returns because electronic equipment is too sketchy. Well I get an e-mail back a month later from the buyer saying that the processor doesn't work. I say sorry, no returns because I said that in my listing, and you're replying WAY too late. The dude goes to paypal and starts a dispute. I give paypal so much evidence incluidng my e-mails with him and several ebay live chat conversations where one even said "it looks better for you". Well turns out I lose the dispute and I have to give this guy a full refund if he returns the item in original condition. I get the item back and one pin is missing from the processor and there's a burn mark where the pin used to be.

dscn00544fz.jpg

well, I just e-mailed them this photo and a short explanation. Hopefully I can get my money back, because this was not fair at all. Too bad paypal is such a big part of ebay.com and I can't just give up paypal, because I would be giving up ebay...

man thats lame :(
the sad thing is you'll probably not get you $$ back..meh

Even though they tout seller and buyer protection, it is so easy to get around stuff like that that you really hope you are dealing with honest people. I guess I have lucked out, but wow, I can't believe that in the return policy you said that you wouldn't accept any but paypal still lets that person get away with it.

I am starting to think that the only way not to get ripped off is to start accepting only Postal Money Orders. Paypal, it seems, almost always sides with the buyer. This is complete BS.

bchur83 said:
I am starting to think that the only way not to get ripped off is to start accepting only Postal Money Orders. Paypal, it seems, almost always sides with the buyer. This is complete BS.
Ive had several instances where they have sided with the seller (unjustifibaly so) so it goes both way.

The best way is to pay with a credit card and use paypal only as a means of doign so. I wouldnt trust them with any sort of hard cash ever again after the constant bs they have put me through.

yeah u have 45 days to file a complaint with paypal, this sucks man :(

dont you have a pic of the item how it was before u shipped it?

Sorry to bring up semi-old topics, but I would just like to tell y'all that I sent the pic of the broken processor to their [email protected] and I still lost the case. Apparently I had to ship it back to the buyer, and I was never told to do this. Paypal has ripped me off SO BIG. Now I have a broken processor and am out my money. I HATE PAYPAL. I wish so much that I could say that I'm not doing business with them, but to do that would just be a flat out lie.

maelstromracing said:
initiate your own dispute....
I already did.... They said I need a police report and that I have to fax it to them. I'm not dealing with this crap..

Here's my e-mail I just sent to the guy that bought my processor:

This is just to let you know that I am transferring funds from my bank account to paypal. It said that it will take around 5 days, so after that is done I will send the money through paypal. Also, I would like to congratulate you on completely ripping me off! YAY! I am now $61.00 short and I have a broken processor because of you! THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Herr Rogers said:
Sorry to bring up semi-old topics, but I would just like to tell y'all that I sent the pic of the broken processor to their [email protected] and I still lost the case. Apparently I had to ship it back to the buyer, and I was never told to do this. Paypal has ripped me off SO BIG. Now I have a broken processor and am out my money. I HATE PAYPAL. I wish so much that I could say that I'm not doing business with them, but to do that would just be a flat out lie.

Not fun, is it?

Paypal isn't the only one like this. Virtually all credit card companies are the same too. We deal with this stuff ALL THE TIME as a merchant. It's especially bad in this industry.

It's great for customers peace of mind, and it's very good when things legitimately go wrong. However, there are a lot of _______ (insert not-so-nice word here) people out there who abuse the system and cost all the rest of us a lot of money and headache. :(

this thread makes me really sad. sorry to hear about your loss. From the looks of it thats a Duron/ Athlon XP. What CPU was it exactly?

Herr Rogers said:
I already did.... They said I need a police report and that I have to fax it to them. I'm not dealing with this crap..

If you are that ****ed, I would do it. I would NOT put my funds back into paypal until your dispute is settled. If this jackass sent it the processor back to you via US Postal Service, that's mail fraud. Send the chip back to dummy and send the tracking number to paypal.

Paypal screwed me out of almost $200 when a claim I filed was denied BECAUSE I FILED IT INCORRECTLY. I checked the wrong reason for filing my claim. I selected "non-receipt" when I should have checked "item significantly not as described". I even e-mailed them after I reviewed and sent the claim and told them I made mistake, but you don't get the chance to correct errors.

It doesn't bother me too much now because I filed a credit card chargeback through my bank, and they were more than happy to help me get my money back from paypal.

yah paypal suck big time, they are holding 200 bucks of mine because I don't have a bank account set-up with them (maxed out my spending $1000), like thats ever happen (bank account). They wont even reply to my constant emails, just ****es me right off :bang head

Back