• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Outlook Express Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

This is a stupid question, I know, but it is driving me nuts. In the past with Outlook Express a little envelope icon would show up over by my system clock on the taskbar when I got new email (Outlook still does this for me). However, Outlook Express doesn't do this anymore. Any idea as to how to fix this? It isn't a big deal but it just is one of those things that bothers me because I can't figure it out. Thanks for your time in advance!

Do you have the "Hide inactive icons" option checked under Taskbar and Start Menu Properties | "Taskbar" tab | Notification Area? The next time you get a mail message, expand the hidden items and see if the icon is there. If it is, double click on it to open OE... you'll have to do this occasionally in order for it to appear.

Back