• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble making ghost2k3 boot dvd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

I am working for a local business that wants a bootable ghost disk of a dual os setup for their laptops. I have the laptops all set up but am running in to some problems with ghost2k3. I only have an bootable 2k3 cd so I can do anything the CD has.

In the CD, I can back the image up to DVD's or another hard drive. I've done both. I can make the dvd backup bootable, which I've done. What I want to do is edit the autoexec.bat file to launch ghost and automatically start the imaging process. I have it so that when you insert the image dvd, it loads ghost but you have to know what to do from there.

Here is my problem, though: the image spans two dvds (only 3 f'ing percent on the second dvd) with high compression. Every tutorial/forum option I've found online says to make a bootable floppy and edit the autoexec.bat and command.sys files to launch the program, however, they say "I don't know what to do if your disk is spanned" and I can't find an option in Nero to allow you to span images across DVDs.

One thing I did see, which I'm going to try now, is in the options of ghost2k3, you can add the prefix -sure which eliminates confirmation but I'm not sure what confirmation it gets rid of.

Does anyone have any experience with ghost2k3 that they can give me a hand here?

Back