• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg...you are ****ing me off!!!!! -Resolved

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evancold

OK, sorry guys I need to vent.

So I need to get this ram by friday, so what did I do. I ordered it on Wednesday night with overnight delivery, it should be no problem right? WRONG!!! I get an email today stating that overnight deliver is not an option on this item to my area. SO WHY THE **** WAS I ABLE TO SELECT OVERNIGHT SHIPPING??? If their programmers are too retarded to adjust it by zip code I think they need new programmers!! I could write that code in my ******* sleep!!!!! So now due to this the item is out of stock and they cannot ship me the memory period!!!! :bang head

So what would you guys do if this happened to you? I think I am ginna call Jason in the morning and explain this ****** up issue. :argue: :argue:

try planning ahead maybe more than 48 hours maybe :shrug:

after all it is christmas and I could only imagine the frenzy of orders over there :shrug:

Rattle said:
try planning ahead maybe more than 48 hours maybe :shrug:

after all it is christmas and I could only imagine the frenzy of orders over there :shrug:

Maybe that wasn't an option.

Also, if they allow him to select overnight, then they should ship overnight. Newegg should have that in their code, especially considering how big they are. It's not like they're some small little store that doesn't have the manpower/know how to do that.

Dude, calm down. You're acting like you got charged for the memory and shipping, twice.

They reported it as fast as possible.

Now let's think of some reasons that next day delivery might be an option, but not THIS week.

Still thinking?

CH%20Santa%20with%20sack.GIF

You can't fault NE for the massive amounts of shipping going on this time of week. You're right, they didn't adjust their programming for the second and third week of December, they e-mailed you in one business day and explained the situation to you, which is about as good as you can get.

Is there some critical reason that you need THIS particular ram by Friday specifically?

tom10167 said:
Dude, calm down. You're acting like you got charged for the memory and shipping, twice.

Now let's think of some reasons that next day delivery might be an option, but not THIS week.

Still thinking?

You can't fault NE for the massive amounts of shipping going on this time of week. You're right, they didn't adjust their programming for the second and third week of December, they e-mailed you in one business day and explained the situation to you, which is about as good as you can get.

Is there some critical reason that you need THIS particular ram by Friday specifically?

:beer:

sound reasoning

I was just really upset when this happened and needed to vent a little. I feel a little better now but it still bothers me. Also it seems like more people that responded are defending the egg rather than putting themselves in my shoes. I mean really, come on think about it. How hard is it for the egg to look at their situation and see oh we are really busy and so are the shipping companies. Maybe we should change our shipping options so we don't **** off our customers. It's really is not that hard. I build computers for a living and deal with over 50 vendors of hardware. When you place an order with a vendor and they have certain options there for you to choose that is a commitment from the vendor to complete the order as it was placed. As they ALLOWED it to be placed. If the vendor fails to meet what they committed to, it is up to them to repair the mistake they made. And also, I could not really plan ahead for this situation, I believe that is why expedited shipping was created. Otherwise everything would be shipped ground. Also the egg did not have this item back in stock untill the day I placed the order. And as we all know, they do not allow back orders. So you tell me how I could have ordered it sooner. And for the comment that is stating that I am acting like they charged me twice...let's really think about this. What is worse? Double charging me where they can issue a simple refund? Or making a commitment and not following through on thier end of the deal? Not trying to be rude in any way so please to not take offense to this post. But it is wrong how the egg handled this.

If we place the order and can get charged our hard earned money for our item, which is a legal binding contract, go ahead take it to court. Then how can they go back on the exact same situation? Evancold paid the extra money for an item that was "supposed" to be there on friday, i am sure he works just as hard if not harder than the rest of us for his money. How can any respectable business go back on that? If in all of the years that the egg has been open they have not figured out YET that december is a busy month, then frankly they really need to re-evaluate their position. I'd say they should work harder around christmas for those of us who use them all year round to make sure that we aren't getting SHAFTED. But i digress, Availability and overnight shipping, the page says it should be so, it is paid for, and really 1 business day may be entirely to late. Who cares what the reason is that anybody needs anything. Maybe he just really wants it does that make it less valid than someone who has to have it or his boss will make him commit hairy kerry? The fact remains it says available, he paid the extra money for overnight so he could get it and now he WON'T, probably at least not until after x-mas.

tom10167 said:

Still thinking?

He paid for it?

Is there some critical reason that you need to question his time frame?

switch (zipcode) {
case 11201: overnightoption.disable; break;
}

Would you like to do that for the other hundred thousand zip codes?

The situation could also change at any given minute ...

slavik said:
switch (zipcode) {
case 11201: overnightoption.disable; break;
}

Would you like to do that for the other hundred thousand zip codes?

The situation could also change at any given minute ...

ROFL

That code is a little too simple for what I had in mind, and would also take much longer to write. I take you have not done much programming.

It was the first thing that came to my mind ... do you have any other solutions?

even using a database is not that simple, since you still have changes that could be made almost immediatelly. You also have to note that newegg cannot know for a fact when shipping options might not be available to some areas ...

What if FedEx/UPS told them that they can't do overnight to an area when they try to ship something out?

It's not a case of "Hey, shipping company. Ship this item to this place in a certain way." It's more of a "Hey, shipping company. Can you you ship this item to that place in a certain way?" It is much like the SYN/ACK handshacke of the TCP/IP protocol. Newegg simply assumes that the connection will be established, otherwise they contact the person requesting the connection (the customer).

evancold said:
ROFL

That code is a little too simple for what I had in mind, and would also take much longer to write. I take you have not done much programming.

You guys DO realize that it's not even actually Newegg's fault that they can't overnight to your area, right? Midnight Dream, here on the forums, tried to have a processor overnighted about a month ago; they said they couldn't overnight to him, because he lived in too small of a town and they didn't know where it was :p

oh please.

This is like me doing a quote for a customer and saying "ok you will have your computer next wednesday, but I need the money in advance" and then call them back and saying "oh i cannot get that computer for you by next wednesday as I promised, in fact I cannot get it for you at all"

Newegg has the money and the manpower to program such a database easy, I don't see how you disagree with that. It also sounds like you are "assuming" how newegg does business with the shipping companies. Do you work for newegg? I didn't think so. I really doubt that newegg assumes anything when it comes to business. If that was the case they would not be in business. Everyone knows what happens when you "ASSUME" something.

And here we are again with people defending the egg rather than putting themselves in my shoes. This is getting sad.

JoT said:
You guys DO realize that it's not even actually Newegg's fault that they can't overnight to your area, right? Midnight Dream, here on the forums, tried to have a processor overnighted about a month ago; they said they couldn't overnight to him, because he lived in too small of a town and they didn't know where it was :p

I understand what you are saying, however I usually have stuff overnighted to my area about 5 times a month. So it is not just due to the area. There is some other reason that this happened. Probably due to the Christmas rush I'm sure.

Newegg assumes that UPS or Fedex can overnight to your area, then when UPS or Fedex come back to them and say "hey, we can't do that" Newegg emails you and tells you what's going on.

Newegg is not a shipping company, they are a mail order company, they are not in charge of where they can and cannot ship to overnight, deal with it.

evancold said:
I understand what you are saying, however I usually have stuff overnighted to my area about 5 times a month. So it is not just due to the area. There is some other reason that this happened. Probably due to the Christmas rush I'm sure.
Entirely possible, though I find that odd, as UPS was only picking up orders from us yesterday that were to be overnighted. Perhaps Newegg is being swamped?

JoT said:
Entirely possible, though I find that odd, as UPS was only picking up orders from us yesterday that were to be overnighted. Perhaps Newegg is being swamped?

It was to be shipped via fedex overnight. :eh?:

Back