• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone use spysweeper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mewisemagic2

thinking about downloading from newegg,has anybody here downloaded software from newegg? it's cheaper than ordering the cd and are you pleased with the results of it removing the spyware?

well, too late i downloaded it from newegg for $21.75. it got rid of the spyware that adware, spybot, pestpatrol cound'nt.
and i use norton corp. version av :p
thanks anyway

The way I see it, anti-spyware programs shouldn't be necessary if you take care of your PC and use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer :).
I'm currently using Symantec Antivirus Corporate + Symantec Firewall only (Zonealarm was "better" but kept blocking my Internet connection!).

Binny.

MS's new Beta Spyware tool isn't half bad, either. I put it on my buddies new PC. I might replace Spybot with it on my systems, too...

:cool:

i'am running firefox,norton and zonealarm plus the firewall on my linksys router. but i still had some spyware :rolleyes: too me taking care of a pc, is like my luck with cars, i can do every kind of preventive mantance early, before something breaks down. wash/wax/ clean the int. etc. and only too have a runaway shopping cart to hit it in the parking lot after i drove around 10 min trying to find the safest spot to avoid such mishaps :shrug: just born under a bad sign i quess :santa:

mewisemagic2 said:
like my luck with cars, i can do every kind of preventive mantance early, before something breaks down. wash/wax/ clean the int. etc. and only too have a runaway shopping cart to hit it in the parking lot after i drove around 10 min trying to find the safest spot to avoid such mishaps :shrug:

hm that sux.. altho it's an excellent analogy :).

binny.

There are 2 free new aps for spyware out. I have tried neither.
Avorax-http://www.arovaxshield.com/download.php
& even newer
SpyDefense-http://www.everestlabs.com/
I am forced to use spysweeper at work & think it is for lames that don't know pc's & even stupider for someone to pay for that which can be had for free. I do not appreciate an ap which questions a software installations startup properties (spybot's teatimer is a perfectly worthless nuisance). I use agnitum outpost fw which has spyware blocking builtin, firefox with adblock plus & nothing else. If I were to put a spyware ap on another pc I would try avorax first then spydefense next. I am moving more & more towards free aps. Both of the above update automatically. For pc's that have legal os's I would simply suggest MS's solution. I will never install it for myself though. Spybot is lame in that it must be manually updated. Considering that spyware is so out of hand, I simply do not have time to babysit an ap that cannot update itself-free or not.

Last edited:
Back