• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Support forums"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slavik

Registered
many manufacturers, recently have decided to have a support person answer questions in forums ... seems like a good idea ... DFI even has their own entire site for that (dfi street) ...

Anyone have any other takes on the matter? (I am honestly starting to question this practice.)

I've found DFI street to be worthless, and other "support" by many places equally worthless. Jason, a Newegg rep that used to provide support on these forums, has since vanished. DFI St. will ban you for asking a question, because you didn't use the search feature. They make a mockery of customer support.

JoT said:
Jason, a Newegg rep that used to provide support on these forums, has since vanished.

I've been sort of wondering about that. He was a great guy to work with and helped me on two separate occasions.

I do wonder if he felt less than welcome here lately. The Egg-bashing threads have been staying near the top of 'Vendor Discussion' for a while now... I suppose it's possible he's no longer with the Egg, too.

ooh, I've been banned from there a long time ago ... I recently revisisted it and noticed the big red letter sign ...

JoT said:
I've found DFI street to be worthless, and other "support" by many places equally worthless. Jason, a Newegg rep that used to provide support on these forums, has since vanished. DFI St. will ban you for asking a question, because you didn't use the search feature. They make a mockery of customer support.

FlailBoy said:
I've been sort of wondering about that. He was a great guy to work with and helped me on two separate occasions.

I do wonder if he felt less than welcome here lately. The Egg-bashing threads have been staying near the top of 'Vendor Discussion' for a while now... I suppose it's possible he's no longer with the Egg, too.

Jason is still at the egg. He is the one that resolved my issue for me today. He is hoping to be back on the forums very soon. :santa2:

i was looking for Jason myself. not sure what his exact nic is... is it just "Jason"?

mcoleg said:
i was looking for Jason myself. not sure what his exact nic is... is it just "Jason"?
no, his user name is NEWEGG SUPPORT and he hasn't made a post since the middle of September. So all the newegg bashing started after he quit posting on the forums. ......hmmmm

Last edited:
to me, it seems that there is less paid support still, no matter who runs the forums and it becomes mostly community support.

Back