• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freaky Joystick stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

I own a Logic3 Pro-Flight Joystick (OK, I could do better...), which had no problems whatsoever until I bought a PS2 pad and an adaptor to plug into my comp. Now my comp thinks that full throttle is button 1, no throttle is button 3, the joystick itself is pure digital (ie. on or off in every direction) etc etc. This only corrects itself after I unplug the joystick and plug it back in again. Of course, this is very annoying when you have to do this every time you want to fly on FS2004, and the comp weighs a ton because of all the hard drives you have (no front ports, I ran out of sockets on the mobo!). Device manager doesnt even call it the right device name anymore (something like 'HID compliant summat', sorry, in the library for net access!). How can the computer get confused so easily?? Updated drivers don't seem to work, the only thing is unplugging it and putting it back in again.

Does anyone have any idea?

HELP!

I don't know about the newer Logitech sticks but with my Saitek's ( I have three) I had to uninstall all the Saitek drivers and profiling software after SP2 in WinXP. They changed things so I have to use the MS drivers,... and I think I even uninstalled the USB drivers and reinstalled them. I had major bugs, jitter, loss of control,etc. in IL2- Forgotten Battles and CFS2. Sometimes all you needed to do was move the stick in a 360 degree motion a few times and it would correct it for a while. The new MS drivers do fix the problem and you don't need to re-calibrate all the time.
(BTW HID is Human Interface Device..i.e. sticks,mice keypads.)
Check Logitech's website under Support/FAQ's and see if the had the same issue.Then check Windows Update under hardware updates to see if the have a fix.
You can get an a cheap front panel mount with USB,audio, and Firewire for about $12.. the Silverstone is nice, or just get an extender cable (1 male end 1 female end) and leave the extender plugged in the back and hanging in front to save all the hassle of moving the box.
One more thought ...some USB devices (usually USB2) can't operate properly when connected to a Hub,they need a proper port. It's a power issue.

Sorry about the non-existant reply (!)

I'll check that stuff out. Looks like it could be experimenting with drivers and see what works.

Thanks for the reply, and I'll get back as soon as i can!

Back