• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

videos into ITUNES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SIX ZERO X 3

Registered
I have the newest edition of itunes and it even has a video section..I tried using the same method as I add my music. but i cant get any videos to go up there.

tha nks

well can u covert mpeg and avi files to mov files? also i got mpeg files to work also..thanks

SIX ZERO X 3 said:
I have the newest edition of itunes and it even has a video section..I tried using the same method as I add my music. but i cant get any videos to go up there.

tha nks

When installing iTunes, you also install Quicktime. Why not just use Quicktime for the movies? Then you stay along the line of Apple, and you can still play music and movies?

itunes allows you to manage them. you can create video playlists and browse your videos by title, date, etc. its not amazing, but its kindof nice to use just one application. you need to use itunes if you have the new video ipod.

i forgot that you can use mpeg. quicktime can convert most things to mpeg though i've had no luck convering divx. for that i've been using riverpast.

ok i figure out how to actually get the videos on my video ipod..but none have sound...what am i doing wrong or does it just not have sound?

thanks

it should have sound. do the files play on your computer with sound? if not, then theres a problem with the file. if they do, then the audio is a format the ipod doesn't support. there are some applications that convert to ipod friendly formats. one i have heard tossed around is videora
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

but i have no idea on the specifics of settings, etc.

edit: you need to use the headphones for the sound, just in case you weren't doing that.

Videora is great once you figure it out. I've got a bunch of music videos on my pod now :)
and as far as adding vids to itunes, you have to drag it into the 'library' catagory, not the 'video' catagory ;)

Back