• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Ratdvd takes FOREVER to convert.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prodigious

I don't know what the issue is. I know the program is supposed to take a while(several hours) to convert dvds, however, it has been running since last night and it's only at 4%. With the setup in my sig, it should have been done hours ago. I have it at the default quality settings, and I checked the option to allow it use use more system resources, but nothing is working.

For some reason it is literally using 0% cpu resources in the task manager when it should be running at full steam. Is it possible that the starforce protection installed with my X3 videogame is causing this, or is it something else?

try upping its proccess priority and if anything besides the system idle proccess is using cpu cycles (folding or seti etc) disable it for the time being.
to make its priority higher go to the task manager via pressing the well knows ctrl+alt|del keys, right click on the proccess that is supposed to use the cpu and choose set priority.

Back