• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rip??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AOpen

is there a program out there, im sure there is, that i can take a movie and rip it to my hard drive, and the convert it to my ipod video??

dfonda said:

do either of these let you actually rip a WHOLE dvd? I can't seem to find a prog that does... trial versions are crippling...

Why is it harder to convert a DVD I ALREADY OWN, LEGALLY to ipod format than it is to DOWNLOAD A PIRATED MOVIE and transfer it?? And they wonder why pirating is so widespread and out of control!!!!!!!!!

as stated already, use DVD Shrink to get it to your harddrive
there are programs out there for converting it to Ipod

Okay, if you want to rip any movie what so ever, use Ripit4me, as it can handle anything you through at it, including the new PuppetLock, Arccoss, etc. It uses DVD Decrypter, the best ripper around, yet it is no longer continued, thus the need for Rip it for me.

However, if you just want to rip the main movie, you can use DVD Decrypter in IFO mode, with file splitting set to "none", or use Ripit4me in "Movie Only" mode.

Then there are several programs that will convert the video to ipod mp4 avc/aac. A good free one is Videora Ipod Converter, another, more powerful and sophisiticated one is MeGUI, which is what I use, but you have to know what you are doing.

That I think about it, there is another prog called Xvid4PSP, powerful and relatively compact. It's free as well.

For in depth guides and so on, browse over to www.doom9.org and click the forums. If you want to find a fast link, search for my profile there, Merlin7777, and click on the links in my sig. I wrote a guide specifically for this purpose using MeGUI.

Just my .02 cents.

Ok after several trials, I ripped the DVD to my hard drive using DVDShrink, with which I can preview it w/o audio. Ok, fine. From there, the 5 files it puts on my hard drive I can open with WinAVI Video Converter, and it combines them to one, smaller file compatible w/ ipod. The video quality is great, but the audio is literally about 20 seconds ahead of the video, so none of the sound syncs up w/ the picture. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing, or is it just a matter of getting better software? Also, since there's no sound on the DVDShrink preview, I can't tell if the sound is getting out of sync during ripping, or during conversion to mpeg.

This is so frustrating. It seriously would take so much less time to find and download the movie.

DVDfab is the best dvd ripper imo it's faster too i get anywhere from 3-10 min rips depending on encryption. Try using that and downloading a vob to mpeg converter. There are many just hit up google.

Yes dvd fab works, but DVD decrypter works better.
You can rip in IFO mode and set it to "File splitting:none", so it combines the vobs for you. No need to combine manually. Then through into Videora Ipod Converter or some other prog

Or you can take the vobs from any other ripper, run it through DGindex, frameserve with Avisynth, and then to a host of other converters such as MeGUI, Staxrip, BENCOS, Mkvmagic, Automkv, etc, all of which are free.

YOU NEVER NEED TO BUY A PROGRAM TO DO ANY THE CONVERSIONS THAT YOU GUYS WANT. KEEP THAT IN MIND. NO MONEY. FREE. FAST. NO $$$$

If you want a free vob to mpeg joiner (although there are tons of ways you can use to avoid doing this) I recommend Vob2mpg:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool...erby=Name&hits=50&convert=&dvdauthorfeatures=
It's free and fast.

Edit: here is a guide that will tell you how to do all that I have described using Dgindex, Avisynth, and MeGUI. I even wrote most of it myself, so rest easy that it is acurate.
http://mewiki.project357.com/index.php?title=Guides:Ipod_Conversion_Guide

Last edited:
Back