• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WINXP is freaking me out!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

WINXP is freaking me out!!

For some yet unknown reason, every once in a while ~every week,
a .jpg will appear on my desktop under the name "unkown.jpg"

It is in fact a screenshot of my desktop and it is beginning to scare me.
I am positive my finger is getting nowhere near the prt scr button.

Anyone have any idea what this is and how to make it stop....?

Do you have a special program what takes screenshots and stores them on your desktop automaticly?

If not, try looking in your processes to see if there is a rogue program floating round.

well I have AtiTrayTools which can take snapshots but I really doubt thats what it is....
I ran spybot and adaware they found couple of items, but none which elude to any screenshot taking, or sending.
Could it be that WindoBlinds is doing this? I am running that ATM.

If anyone knows anything about this, or has it happening to them please let me know.

redduc900 said:
Have you already scanned for viruses, and if so... what were the results?
dammit, I just scanned and deleted the quarantine right after. I scanned with SpybotS&D as well as Adaware.
A lot of Claria and some notificators were amongst the found items (not many total) mostly claria and firewall, antivirus deactivation notifiers.

hey thanks for the info man.
I dont know that there is much more help for this subject. So, reformat here we come.
This time Il actually keep BlackICE installed from the start.

BTW, how's the BEAST3 coming mate?

Back