• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arghhhhh! NERO 6 won't detect CD drive!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan0512

OK here's the story:

I'm running x64. I installed NERO on this rig when I installed x64 and it functioned perfectly. I could burn all sort of stuff.

But then the newest Ati drivers required that I install MS NET framework, so I installed it!

At the same time, I installed MagicISO as well.

Shortly after that, NERO wouldn't detect my NEC 3540 burner anymore! The only drive I could select was a virtual drive I have.

MagicISO would detect my drive, but it's not suited for my burning needs anyway...

OK, I then tried to uninstalling and installing NERO again, but it didn't help. It also started displaying this message on startup, something about NERO burnrights, telling me to install them in order to be able to burn, because I needed admin rights, but WTF, I am the admin of this system :bang head

I said to myself, ¨ok, maybe NERO isn't so compatible with x64 after all¨. Looked all over the net for an x64 certified burning program, but couldn't find any (freeware at least).

I tried a program that is called Evolution, which does detect my burner, and has burned some files succesfully.

So I unistalled NET framework, and all my burning software, then installed NERO again, but the damn thing still wouldn't detect my drive!

Blaze media also tells me that there are no compatible drives available!

Don't know what's happening :shrug: It was all working so nicely before I installed NET framework...

dan

Back