• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to 3dmark05...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
I have been playing with 3DMark05 today for the first time...

if I select all tests (game, cpu, feature and batch) and run the benchmark I get an error saying "display window lost focus" after a few tests and then the other tests do not run - the score is a mere 6042!?

If I run a test on the CPU only I also get 6042. I also ran the other tests (feature and batch) seperatley and got 6868.

I'm only thinking logically here but can I add together the two scores to recieve my total since I get an error when trying to run them all at once?? (12910)

The rig in my sig is water cooled although it is running a little hot right now... :shrug:

millard said:
I have been playing with 3DMark05 today for the first time...

if I select all tests (game, cpu, feature and batch) and run the benchmark I get an error saying "display window lost focus" after a few tests and then the other tests do not run - the score is a mere 6042!?

If I run a test on the CPU only I also get 6042. I also ran the other tests (feature and batch) seperatley and got 6868.

I'm only thinking logically here but can I add together the two scores to recieve my total since I get an error when trying to run them all at once?? (12910)

The rig in my sig is water cooled although it is running a little hot right now... :shrug:

Lol No, it's a total score full run ONCE. Roflmao that is great.

6868 isn't bad, but with those specs I'd assume you'd score higher.

I've got that error before with bad drivers. Some cards don't like certain drivers. Have you had any BSOD's, or other errors with the drivers you are currently using? Also, if you've loaded drivers since you installed the prog, sometimes you have to reload it. I had to do that the last couple of driver loads. Something isn't getting configured properly everytime I load a driver, and i have to reinstall the program. It then runs fine.

That's the error message you get when you click around with the mouse while the test is running. It can also be triggered by instablity of the CPU, GPU, or system memory. If you are not touching the mouse while the test is running, I'd be willing to bet some aspect of your OC isn't stable.

Thanks for the replies everyone... answers are as follows:

twEEkerAreUs - Thanks for laughing at me! lol (but, like I said, I was only thinking logically and i am new to this!)

ps2cho - i was running at 1024x768 res

cre8- i actually had al the aa/af etc all turned on (i figured a high end system like mine would be able to handle it?!) I'll try with it off tho...

3DFlyer - I am using the stock drivers that were shipped with my GPU and MoBo. And I got the BSOD once while running a CPU only test but ran it 3 times straight after and it was fine (?)

larva - No I wasn't touching the mouse or keyboard when the test was running, it just blinked off and returned the error message?! And my system is not overclocked in any way (yet!) - everything is at stock speeds and I am using stock drivers for everything!

Anyone have a rough idea what score I should be getting with the rig in my sig? As I said before, the CPU is running a little warm at the moment (around 50 at idle and 55 at full load) but I need to play with the water cooling kit to sort that out!

millard said:
cre8- i actually had al the aa/af etc all turned on (i figured a high end system like mine would be able to handle it?!) I'll try with it off tho...
Yes it would definitely be able to handle it. The purpose for doing so is so that we have a "standard" setting so that we may be able to compare our scores to one another's, removing all the other "variables in the experiment" if you will.

GML3G0 said:
Yes it would definitely be able to handle it. The purpose for doing so is so that we have a "standard" setting so that we may be able to compare our scores to one another's, removing all the other "variables in the experiment" if you will.

Yeah I understand. Well I ran nTune (automatic tuning utility that came with my mobo) and ran 3DMark05 at "standard settings" and got 7960 (which is better, but not convinced it has reached its full potential) - but still getting that damn arror...

Back