• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it legal to have Computer Viruses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TekeTorvo

Maximum PC recently did a test on Anti-Virus Programs. They put a Virus on their test computer, and then see how well the Anti-Virus program finds it, and then what it does with it if it is found.

Where do they get the Viruses? Do they keep them on a harddrive? Do they have a place they can go to online and download them every time they do a test? And if they keep them on a harddrive somewhere, is that even legal?

This is just a question that poped into my mind. I don't care to know where to get them cause I sure as hell don't need them.

TekeTorvo said:
Maximum PC recently did a test on Anti-Virus Programs. They put a Virus on their test computer, and then see how well the Anti-Virus program finds it, and then what it does with it if it is found.

Where do they get the Viruses? Do they keep them on a harddrive? Do they have a place they can go to online and download them every time they do a test? And if they keep them on a harddrive somewhere, is that even legal?

This is just a question that poped into my mind. I don't care to know where to get them cause I sure as hell don't need them.

Viruses are not illegal, until they do harm. In fact, they aren't even viruses, until they do harm...they are mere software and/or scripts. And yes...you can find them on the web.

Back