• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick dumb question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
If someone has a box with WinME on it and they buy xp home "upgrade" they can install it over WinME and save their files right ?

I believe so but its probably not a wise decision. I stopped doing upgrades after 98 to 2000. Too many problems. IIRC you can wipe off WinMe, Install XP home from boot and put the Me disk in when it wants to verify the upgrade.

Ebola said:
I believe so but its probably not a wise decision. I stopped doing upgrades after 98 to 2000. Too many problems. IIRC you can wipe off WinMe, Install XP home from boot and put the Me disk in when it wants to verify the upgrade.

That's right. You can do either.

1. Upgrade from the ME install (this saves all program shortcuts, all registry info, all desktop and start menu stuff etc).

2. A clean XP install (it will be a full install of XP, however you need the ME disk to install XP).

Back