• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really Really Really Dumb question Return WMC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el

Since you must activate this software will MS refund me my money since it is a piece of Dog****take!

Maybe my install is bad(done it twice now) but they don't include a dvd player do they? very weird nothing seems to work correctly. I have done 50 xp install and never had any problems even with the machine that now has wmc.

Can I return it and get my money back?

WMP is probably the dvd player. I haven't used MCE before so I can't say for sure. As for returns, If you activated it your probably stuck with it. I'd read the software return policy for the store where you purchased it.

basically if I try to do anything dvd or iso related it says decoder not present or missing. And the setup is so basic I can't seem to configure anything. Do I need to get a decoder or buy one?

I just want the PC to play music and video files. It doesn't work.

It is a Media Center why pay 15bucks on top of the 139 for the OS. I don't understand the idea behind Media Center if you need other software to do anything. It is a retarded version of xp pro!

Yea, windows media player never had its own codecs. My media player plays dvds because i have a codec from Nero. Type dvdupgrd /detect in the run prompt to check what codec you have.

Back