• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Frys have a restocking fee?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

im going back to frys to return a mobo/cpu combo i bought yesterday and i was wondering what their return policy was. i know you have 14 days to return an item but i dont know if they have a restocking fee. anyone have any experience with this?

From my experience Frys takes almost anything back no-questions-asked and with no restocking fees. They may have them for particular items like laptops for for most computer hardware they'll give you a refund with no hassle (and put any defective returned items back on the shelf). Good luck

Joe

Yep, they pretty much take anything back.

Also, they just re-shrinkwrap it, and put it right back on the shelf. (Even if the CPU socket is missing, or the driver CD is missing.)

Once, I got a cheap PCI modem, in a NIC box.

Now, I DON'T buy ANY electronic stuff there.

(I'll climb off my soapbox, now.)

steve

they are great for returns, just make sure whatever you buy there is new in the shrinkwrap (and by new, i mean new new.. you can tell)

skou said:
Yep, they pretty much take anything back.

Also, they just re-shrinkwrap it, and put it right back on the shelf. (Even if the CPU socket is missing, or the driver CD is missing.)

Once, I got a cheap PCI modem, in a NIC box.

Now, I DON'T buy ANY electronic stuff there.

(I'll climb off my soapbox, now.)

steve

It is a bit different at the local Frys. They still take pretty much anything back, but when taking back electronics, they have three ring binders with detailed pictures of like everything (at least everything I have returned so far hehe) and they go through to make sure everything pictured is included in your return.

when I buy from Frys elextronix, I NEVER take anything that even remotely looks repackaged. They do tend to resell every bit of junk. BUT, I also do pay attention to what is being repackaged and resold, sometimes you get a great deal on a board or component that someone else bought and never had a clue what it was used for or how to use it. An example would be the Hauppage MediaMVP; many people get it thinking it encodes video to store on a computer, then find out they have no idea what they got. so bonus! I get it for $65.-$75 instead of $99 :D
I would Never purchase Motherboards & Hard Drives like that.

they do take stuff back, at my local fry's it depends on the item. returns have to be made with 15 or 30 days.

you need your receipt also. i only buy stuff that i can somewhat verify as having the original seal. they have a bad rap for resealing returned stuff and putting it back out on the floor for sale.

i never buy open box items. they have good deals sometimes on mobo/cpu combos. i make sure its a new retail cpu and not oem/used.

Back