• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Just Restarted 4 Times For No Reason

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

About an hour ago I had to take my PC and cables and move them away into another room cause I have a old heater in my room. Which we removed due to central heating being put in after a hour I put it all back together and booted up then just pass the Windows XP screen with the scroll bar.

It was just about to enter the log in screen when 2 services couldn't load then it restarted ISPEC & ISSVC where the ones I'm not sure. Well after trying 4 times it restarted everytime I got to the log-in screen it had this long beeeeep noise as well.

It's alright now but I'm hoping it's not a HDD problem I was Overclocked so I went back to stock it seems to be alright now. But I have had my OC stable for about 3 months now never has it done this before.

I have solved the problem after hours of trying to figure it out it was my Overclock I think it damaged some Windows Files. And so it was acting really weird with stuff below.

1) Search would get stuck and not fully close.
2) The Sims 2 was crashing about 5 mins into the game.
3) Internet Explorer sometimes wouldn't close.
4) My Internet Connection wouldn't work.

This all seemed to have happend after I just moved my PC to get a old heater off my wall. And I put it back wired it up and that's when it went all weird on me. Anyways Formatted my HDD and now sticking to stock speeds haven't installed The Sims 2 yet but fully updated the system back to normal.

Back