• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant install WIndows need a guru

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Croney

Registered
Alright i just received my opteron 165 and i have a dfi lanparty expert motherboard along with 2 gigs of ocz ram, and a 6800gs videocard. BUT...
I can not install install windows.
I boot form cd and i have a windows xp cd in drive but it dows not seem to install. It always stops at one part and i can not seem to go past it. Any suggestions??

Oh i forgot to add, i also got a new maxtor diamondmax 10.
And it always stops at "setup is loading files (Windows executive)" but it wont go past that.
Another thing I noticed is that when i plug the cpu fan into the cpu fan slot on motherboard then it will stop working after a min so i had to use fan #4 slot.

Alright i think the problem is that my computer does not recognize the hard drive. Is there any way to fic this???

i tried formatting the drive but nothing happesn.
I also noticed that when i start the computer there is no primary master??
I ran MaxBlast and it told me there is no hard drive.
Oh what to do, what to do, i think i am getting to old for this. :(

there is no place to check if it is enabled. Which menu system should i go to to check?? is it under cmos? or advanced bios ??

Normally SATA controllers are located under "Integrated Peripherals", but unfortunately I'm not familiar with that board or the BIOS... so I can't say for sure exactly where it's located. You'll just have to search for the option to enable/disable the controller... it has to be an editable option. If you don't have the manual that came with the MB, you can download it from DFI's site here...

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo....jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3449&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

Last edited:
Pretty safe to say it is because your system is not registering the HDD. Had the same problem with my brothers computer, having never used a SATA HDD. I eventually figured out how to enable the SATA HDD, and away I went.

I am sure there is a guide on the dfi site, or maybe if they have a forum.

Back