• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blender

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
xwingmod.jpg

Like I said add stuff to it in photoshop ( I took a copy of yours and added a flamed engine )

I'm ok with photoshop 9, but I don't own any version of it and I'm pretty much a complete noob with blender.

*Edit: Pretty good job with the engine. I might create a fight scene, but I need to figure out how to get copies of model in the scene. Also need to master particals, I really want to do a water crash scene but fluid physics are just plain out of reach for me.

-maddog- said:
I'm ok with photoshop 9, but I don't own any version of it and I'm pretty much a complete noob with blender.

*Edit: Pretty good job with the engine. I might create a fight scene, but I need to figure out how to get copies of model in the scene. Also need to master particals, I really want to do a water crash scene but fluid physics are just plain out of reach for me.

Thanks but its only a 5 second hack job in photoshope 5.5

And yeah I agree with particals *try in 3d stduio max* if you dont mind a 30 day nag screen you can play with it for 30 days but it will get addicting.

DerekDRP said:
Thanks but its only a 5 second hack job in photoshope 5.5

And yeah I agree with particals *try in 3d stduio max* if you dont mind a 30 day nag screen you can play with it for 30 days but it will get addicting.

I've played with VIZ, scaled down 3d studio, I didn't like the feal very much, but was very powerful. My favorite 3d software is Milkshape, but it is pretty weak since it can't even render images except realtime which only takes you so far.

*Edit: Working on the particles.

Last edited:
I couldn't do more than a house and a plane in milkshape, the house actually looked pretty good but it wouldn't skin the roof.

Not done, what color should I make the text and I know it needs to be repositioned. :shrug: Any help guys?

Looks good, no suggestions from me though as I haven't used 3dsmax or milkshape at all.

If you want to see some awesome particle work check out some of the movies on this site
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~carlson/
especially the "Lead, Wood and Skittles" one is pretty cool.

Albigger said:
Looks good, no suggestions from me though as I haven't used 3dsmax or milkshape at all.

If you want to see some awesome particle work check out some of the movies on this site
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~carlson/
especially the "Lead, Wood and Skittles" one is pretty cool.

Just plain wow, it's amazing how hard somthing as simple as jello is to create the physics for. BTW I'm using blender. Yay for open source just saved me $$$ and Maya is cheaper for me with student discount but I'm not sure if it watermarks everything :shrug: .

Back