• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ports

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seanohue said:
I have a router provided by my ISP (Comcast) Where do I disable the XP firewall?
You enter the local IP of that particular node into a web browser. It will bring up a website where you can change stuff. It's different for different modems/routers.

some are 192.168.0.1 or just launch a command prompt and type: ipconfig /all

paste results.

Always good to try a blank username and password. Or username "admin" and blank password, etc. My Linksys router logs you in regardless of username as long as you have the password right.

Ok, new problem. I got my router username and pass and got into the log in thing. I set the port I wanted to open, 1214, my address: 192.168.0.12 (because im second port on the router), set both TCP and UDP and I'm still not receiving an inbound connection from the thing im connecting to. Does the port range have something to do with it? I set it 1214 to 1214 at first, which didnt work, then 1214 to 1215, which didnt work either. I don't know what the difference between TCP and UDP is so I don't know whether or not one or the other being set makes a difference.

Back