• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nero "freezing" at 99 or 100%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your burner's light will still be on, and nero won't close. Even if you end the process, the burning dvd is still spinning. Does this ever happen to you? I was recording a streaming remix, an hour long, i didn't want to (REALLY didn't want to) shut down, so i tried to manually eject the tray with the only thing i could find that would fit - a straightened-out staple. But the drive swallowed it, even though I had a fairly firm grip on it. This drive wouldn't be safe to use, right? I took it apart, shook it, but the staple didn't come out.

Did you actually get the tray open?
I wouldn't use it(or try to) until you get the staple out. It could end up really screwing the drive up, like chewing up some of the gears inside.

stool said:
Did you actually get the tray open?
I wouldn't use it(or try to) until you get the staple out. It could end up really screwing the drive up, like chewing up some of the gears inside.

The staple is nowhere to be seen :S

I'm not powering up the drive for 2 reasons - 1) staple might scratch anything put into the drive, 2) loose metal+power=bad :)

Back