• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how doI setup a network....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geestring

This is my first router... and its wireless...

I got the internet working... the laptop found the connection automatically... I typed in the key...

now how do I setup a network where I can transfer files between....
if its wireless do I do it differently then a wired setup.... do I need to specify the ssid or key somewhere?

Run the Not(net)work setup wizard, enable File and Print Sharing on each system (tweak the Win Firewall as required). Make sure you're on the same workgroup as the other system, and make note of the computer names.

Then go My Network Places, Add Network Place, and hit browse. With any luck you'll be able to see it without too much difficulty.

yea i did the network wizard... turned on print sharing... says it automatically fixes the firewalll etc... both computers have the default workgroup name.... MSHOME...

is that what you are talking about same name? after all that is done on both computers i see nothing new. so i have nothing to browse for.

well i go into entire network then microsoft windows network, isee my workgroup...but it says the servers for the wrkgroup arent available because maybe I dont have proper access... maybe ihave to give access somewhere?

hmm I did everything the way its supposed to be... arent they automatically shared..? is it because its wireless....

Back