• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Popping noise that's driving me nuts...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

It's not a problem with my sound; its a problem with windows xp. I've turned off all the sounds but every so often i'll hear this popping noise that sounds like a cap being popped off a bottle; I think it is the same one that plays when IE blocks the popup. However, i never use IE. Never. So, IE is off, (always use FF) and there are no rogue processes or anything(i've checked with the taskmanager and hijackthis). I turned off the "play a sound when a popup is blocked" option in internet explorer; however, this shouldn't be a problem as i never use IE. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

I always have had that problem, and always with CNN.com, not with other sites. I am not sure if it was the IE pop-up blocker, or the google bar blocker that was doing it. Havent had the problem lately though. Just fixed itself.

Try updating your sound card drivers to the latest. Other than that, maybe the mobo drivers too.

I have the same proble, with craking noises. They are just random for me. I've always tolerated it.

Back