• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Run Windows Without Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fr3@k3r

..... ok here's a weird type question.

Right now im building another server, but im waiting for stuff to arrive... now here's the question

my current rig is in the sig below, amd opteron, dfi lp-ut-d, and such..

but the server is made of donated and currenty ownd stuff except for a sata card and memory which i have to buy.

Is it possible to install the windows operating system on the 20gb OS drive ill be using with my current system, not install any drivers from my current system. and be able to setup programs, tweak the os and stuff and be able to just plug it into the server and run it without problems?

i would highly suggest that you not do that. i would only suggest doing it if the systems are 100% identical hardware (which they don't seem to be in this case). you can get all sorts of error messages, blue screens, etc, etc... it just isn't worth the time that you would spend configuring the system to have it just need to be reinstalled...

Back